Oct 26, 2018
Operate vehicle to transport cargo to and from specified destinations (customer location, airline or trucking terminals) in a safe and efficient manner. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Operate vehicle to transport materials to and from specified destinations in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with State and Federal DOT regulations.
- Responsible for the protection of company equipment and freight from damage, theft, or tampering.
- Load freight onto the truck using a forklift and pallet jack, and utilize load locks, straps, covers, etc. to ensure that freight will be delivered in good condition at final destination where applicable.
- Unload freight from truck utilizing proper equipment and securing for transit when necessary.
- Coordinate pick-up and deliveries for domestic.
- Comply with all applicable State, Federal, and DOT Regulations.
- Perform inspection of assigned unit and complete all required paperwork.
- Upon arrival, receive dock assignment, complete and sign appropriate paperwork documenting accurate piece count.
- Verify that all freight corresponds to paperwork.
- Communicate discrepancies or damages to dispatch immediately.
- Maintain radio contact or communication with dispatch office and promptly report all delays due to weather conditions, breakdowns, accidents, or any other emergencies.
- Ensure equipment is kept in proper repair and working order.
- Clean and secure assigned unit at end of scheduled shift.
- Complete DOT driver’s log and vehicle inspections on a daily basis.
- Communicate "Proof Of Delivery" immediately upon delivery.
- Assist in warehouse if driving is not required or between runs.
- Complies with all Transportation Security Administration security requirements.
- Presents self in a clean and professional manner at all times and responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
- Adhere to all Company's policies and proced
Want to get off the road?
Want to have more home time ?
Come work at our Fontana, CA location !!!
* Home daily
* 80% Dock duties
* 20% driving
* $22.95 an hour
* Forklift experience
* Night shift
* Multiple Health & Welfare Benefit packages available
* Weekly Pay
* 401K and company match
* Great PTO policy
Contact us for more information!
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We do pre-employment drug screening.