Oct 31, 2018
Attention CDL-A Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through October 31, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We're looking for full-time CDL-A drivers to run dedicated routes from Shoe Carnival's distribution center in Evansville, IN to Shoe Carnival store locations.
As a CDL-A driver on this account you'll:
- Pick up a load of shoes at the customer's distribution center located in Evansville.
- Set out for delivery to retail stores located throughout America.
- The average route consists of 5 to 10 delivery stops, with some picking up of return freight at the stores.
- After making all deliveries and return pickups, you may make a backhaul pickup at either a customer vendor or a 3rd party customer. These runs typically begin on Sunday morning and end Thursday night, so you can expect weekend home time.
- Current average of 2,450 miles per week.
- You'll also earn $16 per stop (3rd party loads only) made along your weekly route (does not include origin or destination) .
- Driver is to move product to the rear of trailer and assist customer. Conveyer rollers will be provided to assist driver.
- Unloading pay of 13.5 cents per piece for store delivery.
- Loading pay of 13.5 cents per piece for store transfer (DC returns) pickups.
- On average you can earn an additional $100 per trailer from loading/unloading pay.
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .48 cpm; top-out of .49 cpm reached within 12 months (PC Miler v30-practical)
- Average $1250 / week; $65,000 annually
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Gra
- Must live within 150 mile radius from the Averitt service center.
- Must have tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.