Oct 31, 2018
Bowling Green, KY
We are excited to announce that we are now an elite member and proud to offer the Post 9/11 GI Bill On-The-Job Training program for veterans and/or family members with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available.
So whether you served our country several years ago or a few days ago, we believe every veteran deserves to work with a team that has your back- and a company that has your future. That's why we don't just take pride in our veterans- we take care of them.
If you're looking for a place to hang your hat, take a closer look at Averitt. Whatever branch you're coming from, whatever knowledge you bring to the table, we can't wait to put your experience to work, and your mind at ease.
In fact we're committed to hiring twelve hundred or more veterans by the year 2020. Nearly 2,000 veterans are already at ease with us and we're always looking to grow that number.
How the On-The-Job Training (OJT) program works:
Must have previously served in the U.S. military or a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please visit https://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=22-1990&tkey=&Action=Search or call 888-442-4551. It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
Everyone participating in this program will receive 5 weeks behind the wheel training, the remaining 47 weeks you will work with a mentor & leadership for follow-up training/ communication.
Eligible veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs, not Averitt, usually 4-6 weeks after training begins.
- Must live within 150 mile radius from the Averitt service center.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days
OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- Must have Post 9/11 GI benefits available
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- Must obtain hazmat endorsement within 90 days
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.