Oct 31, 2018
Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
We're looking for CDL-Adedicated drivers to help serve our Dollar General customer in Scottsville, Kentucky.
This excellent career opportunity entails:
- Picking up preloaded trailers at the customer's distribution center in Scottsville, KY.
- Making deliveries to retail stores located in Tennessee, Kentucky, Southern Indiana & Southern Ohio.
- Make deliveries Tuesday - Saturday on a regular basis; with occasional Sunday and Monday deliveries determined by customer.
- Average 4-5 loads per week.
- Once empty, you'll return to the DC for your next load.
- This position requires unloading using roll-tainers, U-boats, and the trailer liftgate
- Average 1,300 miles per week.
- Stop pay of $21 per stop with .25 cent increase every 90 days until top out at $22.00.
- Average 15 stops per week.
- Unloading pay of $50- $60 per trailer (depending on experience) with increases every 6 months until top out at $70.00
- You have the potential to earn a weekly average of $1,086!
- You'll enjoy weekly home time; with possibility of mid-week home time as well.
- Assigned late model Volvo, Freightliner, or International ProStar"majority with automatic transmissions and all having APU's.
- Customer upgrades trailers on a consistent basis
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay is .42 cpm; top out pay of .44 cpm reached within 3 years.
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also
- Must live within a 150 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days
OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.