Dec 03, 2018
Attention Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers from Dec. 1 - Dec. 31, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!)
From working with top-notch equipment and learning new skills, to teaming up with people who take pride in their jobs (and yours) - once you see what Averitt truck driver jobs are all about, you'll want in for the long haul. In fact, more than 10% of our truck driver associates have been with us for more than 20 years.
CDL-A Regional Truck Driver Job:
Averitt Express is currently offering professional CDL-A truck driver jobs in our regional driver division. Drive primarily Southern, Southwest, and Midwest lanes with occasional runs to the Northeast. Regional CDL-A truck driver jobs feature weekly home time, 100% no-touch freight, PrePass Plus, and a spouse rider program.
Why are more CDL-A truck drivers turning to Averitt?
Uniformed company with quality people and a culture built on a proven formula for individual success
Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of 6 months in current position
Leading transportation provider since 1971
We love our vets! Make your transition to a civilian life a smooth one with GI Bill benefits!
Turn here for a quality of life that matches the quality of your work:
46 CPM starting pay rate
84% of our drivers are home by noon on Saturdays
Stop, layover, breakdown, & detention pay
8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
Paid Time Off
Company-paid life insurance & short-term disability benefits
Profit sharing & 401(k) plans
Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package
Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 6 months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years (less any training time) OR minimum of 4 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 3 years OR 6 months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 5 years.
- Must have a Class A CDL.
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years.
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years.
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years.
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality).
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.