Jan 03, 2019
Attention CDL-A Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through January 31, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!)- excluding students.
We're looking for Dedicated CDL-A Drivers to help serve our general merchandise customer.
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is $23.50 per hour
- Average $940- $1,175per week
This excellent CDL-A driving career entails:
Must have TWIC and Hazmat endorsement
- Will bobtail from our Portsmouth service center to the Norfolk port, pickup full containers and deliver to customers location and then return back to the port.
- Driver will enter the port with a chassis, container will be loaded by the port.
- Driver is responsible for locking down the container before leaving port.
- Bring empty back to the port.
- Making 4- 6 round trip turns a day; 26 miles round trip with some runs that are 100 miles round trip.
- Average 50 hours per week.
- Monday - Friday; start time will range from 2:30 am - 4:00 am
- Some Saturday or Sunday work when required.
- Home every night.
- Brand new, assigned, safe and well maintained equipment.
Check out the benefits of being a CDL-A driver with Averitt:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banki
- Drivers must live within a 50 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
- 6 months' of full-time verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- Must have TWIC and Hazmat endorsement
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.