Jan 03, 2019
Attention CDL-A Drivers! We're offering a $2,500 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through January 31, 2019! ($1,250 at 90 days and $1,250 at 180 days!)- excluding students.
Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Our Dedicated Flex CDL-A Driver position is an exciting one that offers a good balance of driving for a variety of dedicated customers all while enjoying the benefits of a flexible work schedule.
You'll play a vital role in serving multiple customers, keeping it new and exciting on an ongoing basis. Flex drivers work for one account at a time (minimum of one week or until customer's needs are met), then haul another dedicated customer's product. That's what we call flexibility!
Being adaptable to change and having the desire to work with a wide variety of freight are key requirements for these positions. Plus occasionally supporting other Averitt operations when needed; to ensure you'll always be rolling.
This CDL-A driving position entails:
- Will only work for 1 account at a time (a minimum of 1 week or until the customer's needs are met) then haul another dedicated customer's product
- Miles will fluctuate depending on which account you are working on.
- Generally home every week - rarely out two weeks.
- Additional stop and unloading pay for some accounts that require unloading (not all accounts)
- Detention pay
- Breakdown pay
- Layover pay
- Paid 4 day orientation in Cookeville, TN with lodging, transportation and all meals provided. (Experienced & Refresher drivers= $864 orientation pay, Student drivers= $792 orientation pay.)
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- .48 cpm (hub miles)
- .49 cpm reached after 6 months
- .50 cpm reached in
- Must live within 90 miles from the location you are applying for.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- Must apply for hazmat/tanker endorsement within 30 days of hire and must obtain hazmat/tanker endorsement within 90 days of hire- will be reimbursed upon receipt
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.