Jan 03, 2019
Regional drivers at Averitt carry freight across 25 states primarily in Southern, Southwest and Midwest lanes with occasional runs to the Northeast, but you never have to sacrifice your right to home time every single week. Our CDL-A Regional drivers also enjoy 100% no-touch freight.
CDL-A Regional Truck Driver Benefits:
Starting pay .46 cpm
Average $1,200 per week / $62,000 per year
Stop, layover, breakdown and detention pay
Weekly home time
Paid time off including 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $81.70/week for family plans and $32.05/week for individual plans
Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with profit sharing that directs a portion of company profits into your retirement account
Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership
PAID TRAINING!Requires 4 months' verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 6 months' verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
We love our Veterans! See below for more information on our GI Bill Training Program.
CDL-A Driver GI Bill Program:
If you are eligible for GI Bill benefits, you can earn up to $1,140 per month tax free, using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds, PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck, PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
Must have valid CDL-A and graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligib
- Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 4 months verifiable tractor-trailer within the past 3 years OR 5 years within the past 10 years.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days
OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years. (GI Bill Program only)
- Must have a Class A CDL.
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years.
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years.
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years.
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality).
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.